When Stefan Struve (24-5) takes on Stipe Miocic (9-0) don't look for a five round classic, instead it will be a quick fight.
"It's not a five round fight," said Struve to UFC. "It is a one or two round fight, depending on when I finish him. I am not worried about going five rounds if it happens. I hit pads for an hour at a time and every Thursday at my gym it is pretty much fight night where we do 15 five minute rounds."
Struve has finished 22 of the opponents, with 16 coming via submission. Miocic is undefeated and is on a three fight win streak while under the UFC name.
"A win here puts me in the top five in the world," said Struve. "I'm only 24 but this is my twelfth fight in the UFC. I am going to do my business on Saturday night. I've been in the UFC for five years and I am really putting it together now as a mixed martial artist. I think this fight is a great showcase of what I can now do as a fighter."
Struve vs. Miocic headlines UFC on Fuel TV 5 on September 29.
- Submission Specialist Paul Sass Wants To Be The First To Submit Matt Wiman
- Dan Henderson Would Take Fight With GSP If Offered
- UFC Planning Regular Dates For Montreal, Toronto Cards
- Matt Hughes To Remain A Member Of The UFC
- Nick Diaz Seeking Another Overturn Of Suspension
- Stefan Struve Not Worried About Getting Knocked Out By Stipe Miocic
- Bellator 74 Weigh-In Results, All Fighters Make Weight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.