Stefan Struve couldn't have set it up any better, as the "Skyscraper" locked in an armbar and scored a submission victory over Lavar Johnson Saturday night at UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir. The win was the 16th submission win of Struve's career.
Struve (24-5) has now won three straight and five of his last six fights. The win was the eighth inside the Octagon.
"I felt his control, felt I could get the armbar," Struve said. "He is a heavy hitter, so why give him any chance at all to win the fight that way."
Johnson (17-6) was fighting on short notice after stepping in. He had won nine of his previous 11 fights, including two since joining the UFC.
- Video: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir Highlights
- Dana White Talks Arianny Celeste's Arrest
- Video: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva Highlights
- Dana White Hints At Brock Lesnar's Return
- Jason "Mayhem" Miller Cut From UFC
- Vitor Belfort Out Of UFC 147 With Broken Hand
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Live Gate And Attendance
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Fight Night Bonuses
- UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir
- Frank Mir No Match For Junior Dos Santos And His Boxing
- Statement Made By Cain Velasquez With Stoppage Of Antonio Silva
- UFC 146: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio Silva
- Roy Nelson Drops Dave Herman With One Punch KO
- UFC 146: Roy Nelson Vs. Dave Herman
- Stipe Miocic Remains Undefeated, Deals Shane Del Rosario His First Career Loss In Process
- UFC 146: Stipe Miocic Vs. Shane Del Rosario
- Stefan Struve Puts His Submission Skills On Display Again Vs. Lavar Johnson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.