Stefan Struve (24-5) knows that by being in the main event of a UFC card, it puts grave importance on his image.
"I think winning a main event is something that gets you the exposure," said Struve on MMA Weekly Radio. "A lot of people will be watching it, and you'll be the headline on every single MMA news site. You'll be the headline because you're the main event, so getting a win in a show like that is really important for your career."
Struve will take on Stipe Miocic (9-0) at UFC on Fuel 5 from England on September 29. Since Struve debuted in the UFC in 2009, he sees that he has the advantage on his opponent who only started fighting in 2010.
"It's a huge advantage all the experience I got, and for him this is a big step up in competition for him," said Struve. "This is the first time it really happened to him. He took a fight on short notice the last time when he fought Shane Del Rosario, but that wasn't a big step up in competition from his last couple fights."
- Stitch Duran Claims Charles Oliveira Suffered Injury Before UFC 152 Fight
- Showtime Issues Statement In Regards To Cancellation
- More Taunting From Chael Sonnen Towards Jon Jones
- TJ Grant Finds New Home As A Lightweight
- UFC 152 Injury Report Includes Jon Jones
- Daniel Cormier On UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones
- Shoulder Injury Derailed Gilbert Melendez-Pat Healy Fight
- Brett Rogers Has A New Home With American Top Team
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.