Thiago Silva's (14-3-2 NC) recent drug test may have come back positive for marijuana, but Stanislav Nedkov (12-0-1 NC) thinks that was to cover up possible steroid use.
"I had serious doubts whether Thiago would be clean," said Nedkov to TATAME. "I was anxious for the results of the drug test."
Silva's test didn't mention steroids and Nedkov explained how a specialist informed him that marijuana increases adrenaline in the body, thus making a better fighter through illegal dug use. Silva also said that the marijuana can hide the use of steroids.
Nedkov's loss at UFC on Fuel 6 was overturned to a no contest as a result. The ruling keeps Nedkov's perfect record alive. Silva was handed a six month suspension for his second drug test failure whilst apart the UFC.
"The cancellation of the result of the fight will not make me better, of course. because I won the fight," said Nedkov. "This fight will make me a better fighter."
Silva may return in May once his suspension ends and Nedkov has no return date, but is ready to fight again.
- Magnus Cedenblad-Rafael Natal On For UFC On Fox 6
- Sara McMann Not Seeing Ronda Rousey Fight In The Near Future
- MMA Side Of GLORY - Dream Card Continues To Grow
- One Handed Nick Newell Ready For Title Run
- Nate Diaz Feels It's His Turn To Be UFC Champion
- Shogun Rua Discusses Turning Down Jon Jones Title Fight
- Mike Chiesa Signs With First Round Management
- Benson Henderson Focused On "W" Vs. Nate Diaz At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.