While awaiting a future fight with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, former UFC light heavyweight champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua has another fight in mind: Lyoto Machida. Rua and Machida have met twice before, splitting their two previous encounters.
Rua, however, isn't just interested in a bout with "The Dragon," as he would also like a spot on The Ultimate Fighter as a coach. Rua discussed this in an interview with Portal Do Vale Tudo recently.
"Of course it is my desire to do a TUF, which is a program where people see everything that passes for the fighter," Rua said. "Lyoto would make it even more interesting, is a top category, and consider how good this third fight will sell."
Rua last fought late in 2011, falling to Dan Henderson in an epic battle. After dropping a decision to Machida, Rua stormed past him with a first round knockout to earn the UFC 205-pound title.
- Billy Evangelista-James Terry, JZ Cavalcante-Isaac Vallie-Flagg Added To Strikeforce Event
- Frank Mir Ready And Willing To Step In For Alistair Overeem To Face Junior Dos Santos
- Dana White "So (Expletive) Mad Right Now" Regarding Overeem's Failed Drug Test
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Interested In Another Fight With Lyoto Machida
- Alistair Overeem Fails Pre-Fight Drug Test
- Video: Brock Lesnar Returns To WWE On Monday Night RAW
- John Olav Einemo Announces His Retirement
- Chael Sonnen Returns With Another Edition Of "Chael's Corner" On "UFC Tonight"
- Video: Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson Talks About His UFC Debut, Upcoming Bout At "UFC 145"
- Newcomer Tom DeBlass Set To Meet Cyrille Diabate At "UFC On FUEL TV 2"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.