Bellator has been looking to book Shinya Aoki and Eddie Alvarez for quite a few months. Now, it appears a date has been set, as MMAjunkie.com is reporting the two will meet at Bellator 66 on April 20.
Aoki (30-5) was the last person to defeat Alvarez (22-3) before he dropped the Bellator lightweight title to Michael Chandler last year. The first meeting was in 2008, with Aoki claiming a submission in 92 seconds.
Alvarez has been pushing for Bellator to sign Aoki to a contract to make the rematch happen. Now, barring any injuries or problems with the contract, it appears that Alvarez will get his rematch.
- Gina Carano Talks Miesha Tate Vs. Ronda Rousey
- Rampage Jackson Slams "Biased" Joe Rogan's Commentating
- Ronda Rousey: I Don't Think Miesha Tate Can Match My Pace
- Frankie Edgar Likes Going Into Fights A Little Scared
- UFC Champ Jon Jones Will Be In Attendance For Daytona 500
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.