While Shawn Bunch's (1-0) MMA debut may not have been perfect, it was enough to secure the win. The four time NCAA Division I national wrestler defeated Chad Coon (0-3) at Bellator 82 this past Friday.
Despite competing in hundreds of wrestling matches his entire life, when it came time for his MMA debut Bunch had a feeling he couldn't describe.
"It's a different feeling, but I'm ready," said Bunch to MMA Junkie.
And ready he was, securing a unanimous decision win.
Bunch had looked to compete in the 2012 Olympics, but just missed out in qualifying. He currently trains with Strikeforce grand prix champion Daniel Cormier (10-0) and former light heavyweight champion Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (8-1-1 NC).
The next fight for Bunch has not been disclosed.
- Joseph Benavidez-Ian McCall Headed For UFC 156
- Ultimate Fighter Headed To Tuesdays In 2013
- Dan Hardy Not Planning On Being Part Of UFC's Return To England In 2013
- Ryan Bader-Vladimir Matyushenko Added To UFC On Fox 6
- Bellator 83 Finalized With Early Start Time
- Urijah Faber-Ivan Menjivar Expected For UFC 157
- Final Fight Makes Invicta FC 4 Official
- Luke Rockhold Responds To Michael Bisping Saying He's The Unofficial Strikeforce Champion
- Relive Eight Fights Featuring Benson Henderson, Nate Diaz Ahead Of UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.