Shane Roller, who was submitted by Jacob Volkmann recently at UFC On FX: Browne vs. Bigfoot, appears to have decided to retire from fighting. Roller posted a statement on his Twitter page Monday afternoon.
Looks like I'm hanging up the gloves for good. It was fun, but time to move on. Sux that it ended like that. Now startn the next chapter!!
Roller (11-7) is just 1-4 in his last five fights after posting a 10-3 record to start his career. He competed in the WEC before joining the UFC when the promotion was absorbed under the Zuffa umbrella.
During his career, Roller has faced the likes of Benson Henderson, Anthony Pettis, Jamie Varner and Melvin Guillard.
- Forrest Griffin- Bonnar's “Going To Surprise Some People"
- Mark Munoz Eyes February Return, Weidman Rematch
- Pat Barry Forced To Find New Home After Team DeathClutch Folds
- Jens Pulver Dealing With Anxiety, Depression Issues
- Javier Mendez Discusses Opponents For Daniel Cormier
- Stephan Bonnar: "I Am Going To Give Anderson Silva Hell"
- Countdown To UFC 153: Silva Vs. Bonnar Airs This Evening
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.