Shane Carwin suffered a minor knee injury during practice, but will still be able to make his December date with Roy Nelson at The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale. MMA Weekly confirmed with Carwin's manager that no surgery will be needed.
Carwin was forced to cancel a trip to England for a signing because of the injury. He has not fought since last year because of neck surgery following a loss to current UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos.
The two heavyweights have been going back-and-forth ahead of their fight. Carwin posted an apology on his Twitter account to the fans of England for being unable to attend the signing writing, "I hurt my knee training."
- Submission Specialist Paul Sass Wants To Be The First To Submit Matt Wiman
- Dan Henderson Would Take Fight With GSP If Offered
- UFC Planning Regular Dates For Montreal, Toronto Cards
- Matt Hughes To Remain A Member Of The UFC
- Nick Diaz Seeking Another Overturn Of Suspension
- Stefan Struve Not Worried About Getting Knocked Out By Stipe Miocic
- Bellator 74 Weigh-In Results, All Fighters Make Weight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.