Former interim UFC heavyweight champion Shane Carwin wants nothing more than to be successful on The Ultimate Fighter 16 and defeat Roy Nelson when the two square off. However, a knee injury suffered in training could keep Carwin out of a meeting with Nelson.
"It happened during wrestling. A guy was in on a single and I went to throw my hips back and I heard, 'Pop! Pop! Pop!'" Carwin said. "So we stopped and he had to help me up. It's down in size now. It was about the size of a watermelon, but now it's the size of a cantaloupe."
Carwin added that he was told surgery would not be needed, saying, "we're still going to push to stay in that fight on December 15, and I think we'll be good to go."
- Only One Fight Disappointed At UFC On FUEL TV 5
- Kyle Kingsbury Confirms Multiple Facial Fractures
- Rashad Evans Further Explains Reason For Turning Down Fight
- Dana White Halts Greg Jackson Bashing
- Matt Mitrione Declined Daniel Cormier Fight
- Highlights From "UFC On Fuel TV: Struve Vs. Miocic"
- Video: "UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot" Preview
- Daniel Cormier Talks His Next Opponent
- Chael Sonnen Facing Forrest Griffin Next, But Has Jon Jones On Mind
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.