Shane Carwin is not planning to step away from MMA despite suffering another serious injury. Carwin confirmed via Twitter that he will be back after injuring his knee.
"Working on the comeback doing rehab," Carwin posted. "Going to complete my nsac licensing and be ready 2013. Down but not out."
Carwin confirmed that he will not require surgery on his knee, but cannot train for the time being. The former interim UFC heavyweight champion was set to face Roy Nelson next month. Instead Nelson will meet Matt Mitrione at The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale in Las Vegas.
- Cyborg Knew Females Would Make It To The UFC Roster
- Dan Severn’s Retirement Plan Remains The Same
- Carlos Condit Promises To Improve, Return After UFC 154 Loss
- Dana White Reiterates Plans To Make GSP-Anderson Silva Happen
- Jake Ellenberger Pleads For Match With Johny Hendricks
- Nick Diaz "Not Impressed" By GSP's Performance At UFC 154
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.