Score Fighting Series (SFS) promoter Brendan Fyfe pointed out two names that made the biggest impact for his promotion in 2012. He mentioned featherweight Rick Glenn (12-2) and lightweight Jesse Ronson (12-2).
"We found a real core of guys who have fought for us a number of times now that have performed admirably this year," said Fyfe to MMA Weekly. "The fighters gave us great content and action for the fans. It's been a great year for us all around."
Glenn appeared for SFS twice this year between August and October. In both fights he took home the TKO win. Ronson earned to two decision wins around the same time out of SFS. He is 3-0 for the promotion overall.
After the sale of The Score network, which will be finalized in early 2013, Fyfe said the promotion will then start running shows again on a regular basis. Late March or early April is being looked at for their return. Currently, their shows appear on AXS TV.
"A year from now I would like to see the Score FS more widely distributed," said Fyfe. "I think 2013 will be a continuation of our growth."
- Dana White On When Gilbert Melendez May Get A Lightweight Championship Shot
- Alistair Overeem Submits Application For Licensing
- UFC Makes Bobby Green-Jacob Volkmann Official For UFC 156
- Junior Dos Santos Enjoys Being Sponsored By Nike
- Cain Velasquez Looking To Follow In Footsteps Of Juan Manuel Marquez
- Cage Warriors 51 Lineup Changed Due To Injuries
- Daniel Cormier Inks UFC Deal Ahead Of Final Strikeforce Fight
- Michael Kuiper-Buddy Roberts Added To UFC On Fox 6
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.