Being a former champion, Sarah Kaufman knows what it takes to climb to the top of the mountain. This Saturday night, she will get another chance to call herself champion at Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman.
Kaufman will challenge Strikeforce women's champion Ronda Rousey for the belt on Showtime. The card takes place in San Diego.
"I focused on my camp. I worked with my team. I trained harder than any other fight because I train has if that is the most important fight that is happening," Kaufman said. "I feel really confident going into this fight and I'm confident that Ronda is going to bring it."
Kaufman scored a decision victory over Alexis Davis the same night that Rousey earned the belt with a submission of Miesha Tate. Now, a few months later, and the two are ready to mix it up inside the cage.
"You don't want to come in and play patty cake," Kaufman said. "At the end of the day, someone is going to walk out with the belt and I want that person to be me."
FightLine will have complete coverage of the event beginning Saturday night with the prelims.
- UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones Attempts To Clarify Recent Lyoto Machida Remarks
- Royce Gracie Opens Up On The Evolution Of The UFC, Fighters, Favorite Moment And Future Plans
- Rory MacDonald Says He'll "Probably End Up Killing" BJ Penn
- Miesha Tate, Ronda Rousey As Coaches On TUF? Tate All For It
- Legacy FC 13 Results: Derrick Lewis Claims Heavyweight Title With KO Of Jared Rosholt
- Gray Maynard-Aaron Simpson Throw Down Wrestling Challenge On Twitter
- Vitor Belfort Working With Blackzilians, According To Alistair Overeem
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.