Former Strikeforce women's champion Sarah Kaufman will not be facing Kaitlin Young at Invicta FC 3 later this year. Kaufman was forced out of the planned fight with an injury.
Instead, Young (7-6-1) will face Leslie Smith (3-2-1) in a rematch between the two. The first meeting between the two was declared a majority draw.
Kaufman was looking to bounce back after a loss to Ronda Rousey in Strikeforce earlier this year.
"1st fight I've ever had to pull out of so I'm sorry (Young, Invicta FC) and all my fans," Kaufman posted on Twitter. "Wanted to get back asap!"
Invicta FC 3 takes place October 6 from Kansas City's Memorial Hall. Smith's original opponent, Kim Connor-Hamby, now draws Raquel Pennington. Both new fights are expected to take part on the main card.
- Video: UFC Offers Up 'Thank You' To Fans
- Chael Sonnen Favors Brian Stann Over Michael Bisping
- Tito Ortiz Discusses Jon Jones-Vitor Belfort Bout
- Fuel TV Running Special Viewer's Choice Week For UFC
- Ratings Come In For TUF 16: Carwin Vs. Nelson
- Inaugural ONE FC Lightweight Championship Fight Announced
- Brian Stann - No Doubt In His Mind He's Being Overlooked
- Sarah Kaufman Out Of Invicta FC Debut
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline