Ronda Rousey isn't a person you want to mess with when it comes to the ground game. Sarah Kaufman knows that, and has her plans set to strike with the current Strikeforce women's champion.
Kaufman and Rousey will be the main event for the August 18 show, Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman from San Diego. The contest is scheduled for five rounds and will be shown live on Showtime.
"It's no surprise that Ronda doesn't like being hit," said Kaufman, during a recent interview on MMAjunkie.com Radio. "But I hope she's been training a lot in the striking department, just for the pressure, because she's not going to like it."
Kaufman is 15-1 in her MMA career, including wins in six of seven Strikeforce fights. Rousey, meanwhile, is undefeated at 5-0 since entering the sport from the Olympics.
"Ronda hasn't been in the sport very long, so she hasn't developed that side of her game yet," Kaufman said. "I think it's going to take a while before she has any ground to stand on as far as the striking."
A win over Alexis Davis put Kaufman in the top contender position. The victory came the same night Rousey claimed the belt from Miesha Tate.
- Tito Ortiz On Griffin Bout "15 Years In The Making"
- GSP Believes Dan Hardy Can Become A Championship Fighter
- Urijah Says Barao Not His Toughest Challenge
- Reminder, Rebellion MMA Radio Returns Tonight With Rick Hawn, Dhiego Lima, Adam Lynn
- Healthy Lifestyle Has Allowed Cung Le To Continue Fighting As He Reaches 40
- Edson Barboza Says ESPY Nominee "Is Really Nice"
- No New News On Eddie Alvarez, Bellator Contract Talks
- Retirement Is Fitting Randy Couture Nicely
- Brandon Vera "Don't Give A Damn" Why "Shogun" Rua Took Fight
- Video: "UFC 148 Primetime: Silva Vs. Sonnen 2" Episode
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.