Olympic silver medalist Sara McMann is unsure when she'll compete again, but it appears that her career path will likely take her to the Octagon. As the UFC begins to build a female bantamweight division, McMann has fielded several questions regarding her status.
Everyone keeps asking me if I am in the @ufc... All I know is that it is "in the works". Thank you for your support :)
The 32-year-old McMann is 6-0 in her MMA career, including a pair of victories this year over Shayna Baszler and Hitomi Akano. She was signed by Strikeforce to face Liz Carmouche, but the card was cancelled.
- Dan Hardy Interested In Josh Koscheck, Not Matt Riddle
- Alistair Overeem, Golden Glory Settle Lawsuits
- Vinny Magalhaes Takes Shot At Matt Hamill
- UFC On Fox 5 Prelims Headed For FX
- Urijah Faber Back To Training Full-Time
- Andrei Arlovski Headed For Russia, December Showdown With Mike Hayes
- MMA Veteran Rich Clementi Retires From Fighting
- Family Member Cast Doubts That Kyra Gracie Can Join MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.