The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 16 cast made history when only four of the contestants were signed by the UFC at the conclusion of the season. Sam Alvey (19-4-1 NC) was one of the many who wasn't offered a contract, and said that he understands why as he didn't win the show.
"Message received," said Alvey to MMA Weekly Radio. "It is what it is, but it comes down to I should have won. Those of us that were on the show, we should have won. That's what's important."
Others from the 16th season who were signed include winner Colton Smith (3-1), runner-up Mike Ricci (7-3), Jon Manley (7-1) and Neil Magny (7-1).
Alvey took the experience as a lesson for future contestants on the show.
"I'll bet the future seasons of The Ultimate Fighter will be even bigger because we didn't to get to fight," said Alvey.
- Paul Daley Arrested, Barred From Entering U.S.; Bellator Cancels January Fight
- Junior Dos Santos Doesn’t Mind Holiday Training
- UFC 155 Results And Live Coverage This Saturday, Current Card
- Program Reminder: Countdown To UFC 155 Debuts Tonight At 11 PM ET
- José Aldo Is Conflicted On His Next Move
- Dan Hardy: TUF Cast Is Becoming The Jersey Shore
- Anthony Pettis On Beating Benson Henderson
- Brad Pickett On Who Deserves The Next Bantamweight Title Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.