Sam Alvey (14-9-1 NC) wasn't able to win The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 16, but his next fight has already been booked. He makes his MFC debut against middleweight champion Elvis Mutapcic (12-2) where the title will be up for grabs.
Shane Carwin (12-2) selected Alvey as the first member on his team for TUF. In the opening round, he was defeated via unanimous decision. He was cut at the conclusion of the show.
Mutapcic has won nine of his last ten and Alvey had two wins heading into the TUF house.
The two will meet at MFC 35: Reality Check on February 15 from the Shaw Conference Centre in Canada. They will be the co-main event, which airs on AXS TV.
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.