Former Maximum Fighting Championships light heavyweight champ Ryan Jimmo will finally get to make his UFC debut (probably) this summer against Australian fighter Anthony Perosh.
SportsNet.ca originally reported the bout, which is scheduled for UFC 149, and UFC officials confirmed the fight this afternoon.
Jimmo (16-1) was set to make his octagon debut against Karlos Vemola at UFC on FX 1 this past January, but was forced to withdraw from that bout with an injury. He is currently on a fifteen-fight winning streak punctuated by a unanimous decision victory over Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou.
Perosh (13-6) is currently enjoying a somewhat improbable three-fight UFC winning streak. The 39-year-old was beaten in his UFC re-debut (Perosh fought twice in the octagon in 2006 before getting cut) by Mirko "Cro Cop" in a heavyweight contest, but has finished all three of his bouts since returning to light heavyweight, including a submission of Cyrille Diabate.
UFC 149 is scheduled for July 21 at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Canada. It will be the first event the UFC has held in the province.
- Bellator 67 Weigh-Ins; Chandler And Gono On Point
- Johny Hendricks Can't Wait To Put His Left Hand On Koscheck
- Check Out The Bellator 67 Weigh-Ins At 5PM ET
- Dana White Hints At Major January Event
- UFC On FOX 3 Pre-Fight Presser Notes And Quotes
- Quick Shots: Zuffa Stars Ring NASDAQ Opening Bell, Chandler On Miller Vs. Diaz, One FC Note
- Live Video Of The UFC On FOX Press Conference Today At 2 PM ET
- Hacran Dias To Make UFC Debut Against Yuri Alcantara At UFC 147
- Video: Daniel Cormier, 'I Am A Fighter'
- Ryan Jimmo Vs. Anthony Perosh On For UFC 149
- Video: Wanderlei Silva's UFC 147 Vlog, Episode 2
- 'UFC Primetime' Back On FX For UFC 146
- Dana White: Nate Diaz, Not Jim Miller, Up For Title Shot
- UFC Donates UFC 149 Prize Package To Canadian Children's Charity
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Not Leaving Friday Nights, Says FX Executive
- "Ultimate Fighter" Winner Ross Pearson Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.