Gabe Ruediger's recent knockout loss will cost him a chance to compete in India. Super Fight League officials told MMAjunkie.com that they will replace Ruediger with Ryan Healy for a bout with Paul Kelly at the upcoming SFL 2 card set for April 7 from Chandigarh, India.
Ruediger was knocked out earlier this month by Scott Caitlin. He was handed a medical suspension by the California State Athletic Commission, but India's SFL does not legally have to follow the CSAC. However, they have decided to, even though Ruediger was willing to compete, according to sources close to the ex-UFC fighter.
Instead, Healy (19-10) will take on Kelly (12-4) at the show. Healy is a veteran of Strikeforce, having compiled a record of 2-1 over the past year-plus. Kelly is also an ex-UFC fighter, but was released from the promotion following a loss to Donald Cerrone last year. He has alternated wins and losses in his last six fights.
- Video: Cruz Makes Fun Of Faber's Frozen Moment On "TUF: Live"
- Cesar Gracie Gives Nick Diaz Update: "I'm Not Letting This Guy Quit"
- Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen Rematch Official For UFC 147 In Brazil
- Video: Frank Mir Not Down For Fight With Fabricio Werdum In Brazil
- "TUF: Live" Winner Justin Lawrence Far From Happy With Performance
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" Results: 16 Fighters Earn Spot In The House
- Dana White Feels TUF Is Doing Well, Despite Low Ratings
- Reminder: "TUF Brazil" Premiers Tonight On TUF.tv
- King Mo Opens Up About Life-Threatening Staph Infection
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.