Ryan Benoit (6-1) has found success as a bantamweight, but thinks that the new wave of fighters in the division are too much to handle. As the calendar year almost ends, Benoit debates if it's time to move down a weight class.
"I'd like to start making my drop to 125 pounds," said Benoit to MMA Weekly. "I've seen these guys at 135 and they're just huge and even though I look muscular and stuff, they're a little bit bigger than me. I think if I can make the weight, I can be a force at 125 for sure."
This year Benoit made his debut for Legacy FC. He was victories in all three of his fights this year. Counting the wins this year, Benoit is now on a four fight win streak where he has ended all of them. Benoit needed less than six minutes to finish his three fights this year.
In his last fight, Benoit defeated Joseph Sandoval (6-4) at Legacy FC 16 via TKO earlier in the month. His next fight hasn't been announced.
- Dana White On When Gilbert Melendez May Get A Lightweight Championship Shot
- Alistair Overeem Submits Application For Licensing
- UFC Makes Bobby Green-Jacob Volkmann Official For UFC 156
- Junior Dos Santos Enjoys Being Sponsored By Nike
- Cain Velasquez Looking To Follow In Footsteps Of Juan Manuel Marquez
- Cage Warriors 51 Lineup Changed Due To Injuries
- Daniel Cormier Inks UFC Deal Ahead Of Final Strikeforce Fight
- Michael Kuiper-Buddy Roberts Added To UFC On Fox 6
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.