Still two months before The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Finale and Roy Nelson (17-7) continues to lay shots on Dana White. The back-and-forth has gone so far, that Nelson suggested the two should settle any differences inside the Octagon.
"I think me and Dana are gonna fight, I think I even offered," said Nelson to MMA Fighting. "We'll handle it like men, like everybody else."
A former TUF winner, Nelson looks to start his second winning streak within the UFC. His last occurred from 2009-2010 where he won two fights in a row. Shane Carwin (12-2) looks for his first victory since early 2010. He has since lost two in a row and been on the sidelines after back surgery. With a fight against the UFC president not likely happening, Nelson remains focused on his upcoming fight with Carwin.
"But at the end of the day, December 15th I'm fighting Shane Carwin," said Nelson. "He's going to settle his beef with me and I'm gonna squash the juice with him. Pretty much if the fight happens, it happens."
Nelson wasn't sure where this recent animosity between himself and White came from, but feels it is present because White always wants to be the center of attention.
"I guess I've just stolen the thunder from Dana and Dana likes to be the front man and it's switching," said Nelson. "I don't know, maybe there is a switch of power or something. Dana says he loves me, he hates me, he says it all. I'm confused. And all I want to do is eat because it just puts me in a depression."
Nelson vs. Carwin headlines TUF 16 Finale on December 15. The winner of that season will also be revealed.
- Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones
- TUF 16 Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Matt Hughes: "Looks Like I’m Fully Retired"
- Vinny Magalhaes Asks For Phil Davis Bout
- Shane Carwin's Manager Has Doubts About VADA
- Jake Ellenberger Tops Fighter Salaries For UFC On FX 5
- Jake Shields' Win Over Ed Herman Changed To No-Contest Due To Failed Test
- Roy Nelson Offered To Fight Dana White
- Jon Jones Refers To Daniel Cormier As "Relatively Unknown"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.