Hopefully, we can just wait and see if any injuries cause any further issues with the next UFC pay-per-view. UFC president Dana White announced via Twitter Monday that Roy Nelson will receive Gabriel Gonzaga as a replacement for Antonio Silva at UFC 146 in May.
Silva was removed from the fight to face Cain Velasquez in the co-main event after Frank Mir, the original foe for Velasquez, replaced Alistair Overeem in the main event against UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos.
Gonzaga's original foe, Shane Del Rosario, remains in the dark in regards to his fight plans for the night. "Napao" returned to the UFC earlier this year, scoring a submission victory over Edinaldo Oliveira, a frequent training partner of dos Santos.
Nelson is 1-3 in his last four fights, including losses to Mir and Fabricio Werdum. He is a former winner of The Ultimate Fighter.
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Cheick Kongo On Tap For "UFC 149"
- Frank Mir Wants To See Alistair Overeem Receive Another Shot In UFC
- Mark Munoz Vs. Chris Weidman Slated For Main Event Of "UFC On FUEL TV 4"
- Troubling Details Surface Surrounding Overeem's Doctor
- Gina Carano In Talks To Join Fast And Furious 6 Cast
- Ratings Roundup: UFC 145 Prelims And Bellator 66
- Video: Jim Miller Brews Beer To Relax
- Cruz Vs. Faber Stays On UFC 148 Card
- Hector Lombard's UFC Signing Imminent
- Jon Jones Vs. Dan Henderson Possible For UFC 149
- Overeem Denied License, Suspended 9 Months
- Video: Special UFC Press Conference From Brazil Discussing Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen
- Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen Now Main Event Of "UFC 148"
- Unbeaten Prospects Stipe Miocic, Shane Del Rosario To Meet At "UFC 146"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.