Roy Nelson, a former winner of The Ultimate Fighter, is working on putting together his coaching staff for the upcoming season of TUF. His opponent on the show, Shane Carwin, recently announced his staff.
"Right now I got Mo Lawal cause he's a great wrestling coach and he helped me out the last time," said Nelson, in an interview with MMAWeekly.com. "Then I got Jeff Mayweather, James Johnson, those are just the three main ones that I have so far, and then I'm working on Anthony Brown."
Brown is an instructor out of Las Vegas, while Mayweather is a boxing trainer and brother of Floyd Mayweather, Sr., the father of boxing champion Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
Lawal's issues come from his release by Zuffa from Strikeforce after a failed drug test and Twitter outburst. Lawal is also signed to TNA's wrestling organization, and plans on doing both MMA and pro wrestling in the coming months when his suspension is lifted.
- Phil Davis Still Learning From Loss To Rashad Evans
- Matt Serra Feels Like Chris Weidman Can Defeat Anderson Silva
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Wants His Title Back From Jon Jones
- Cesar Gracie: Diaz Fighting Silva Not About Title
- Chris Weidman Has Words For Both Managers Of Anderson Silva
- Roger Gracie Says Fighting Tim Kennedy Would Be "Interesting Fight"
- "Road To The Octagon" Airs On Fox Today, Features Rua, Vera, Bader, Machida Camps
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline