Even though Roy Nelson (17-7) and Shane Carwin (12-2) are coaching against the other on the current season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF), and will later fight, Nelson hasn't taken notice of the former interim heavyweight champion.
"The thing is, I don't really think about Shane Carwin," said Nelson to Bloody Elbow. "He's not in my everyday life. I am gonna fight him, and then I'll forget him, just like everybody else has."
Nelson noted that while the show has been filming Carwin has been nothing but polite to him.
"You know, I've never butted heads with him," said Nelson. "The conversations we've had have been, 'Thank you', 'Yes sir', 'No sir', things like that. Shane Carwin is the former UFC champion. He's the greatest thing. I love that guy. I think he's awesome. I have no ill will toward him."
The two will fight on TUF finale, set for December 15.
Entering the fight Nelson, a former TUF winner, looks to start a winning streak. Carwin comes in losing his last two fights. Due to back surgery, it will be his first fight since June 2011 when he lost to the future heavyweight champion, Junior dos Santos (15-1) in a title eliminator fight.
- Anderson Silva's "Focus" Is On GSP Super-Fight
- Jon Fitch Not Ready To Step To The Side In Welterweight Division
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Is "Useless," According To Dave Herman
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Confident He Will Finish Dave Herman At UFC 153
- Vinny Magalhaes: UFC Fighter And Master Prognosticator
- Anderson Silva Feeling Excited For UFC 153 Fight With Stephan Bonnar
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.