Nelson called out Carwin a number of times via Twitter on Thursday. Below are a sampling of the messages Nelson sent to Carwin:
"Why wait tell December we can see if we can get on (UFC 151). Is this enough time to cycle off?"
"When are you in town? We can spar/fight before TUF and put it on the net and make all the PPV money! you down?"
"Try 2 think out side the box like (BJ Penn) but I am sure I wont B able 2 bring margaret goodman on either Any suggestions?"
Nelson also made a reference to bringing in former Olympian and current TNA wrestling star Kurt Angle, but he later said that wouldn't be possible. With the kind of trash-talk already going between Nelson and Carwin, this is shaping up to be an exciting season.
- Statement Regarding Future Of Nick Diaz Expected On Friday
- Video: Extended Preview For UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II
- Tim Sylvia Comments On Daniel Cormier Fight
- Roy Nelson Sounds Off On Shane Carwin
- If MMA Becomes An Olympic Sport, Jon Jones Wants In
- BJ Penn Agrees To VADA Testing Prior To UFC 152 Bout With Rory MacDonald
- Shane Carwin Selects Nate Marquardt, Pat Barry, Others For TUF Coaching Roster
- Anthony Johnson To Make Light Heavyweight Debut At Titan FC 24
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.