Rousimar Palhares suffered damage to his foot early in a loss to Hector Lombard at UFC On FX: Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson this past Friday. Lombard scored a first round TKO in Australia over Palhares.
"During the fight, my kick was working well. But soon in the first round, one of my kicks hit Lombard's shin below his knee. I heard a snap and I knew something bad happened," said Palhares, in a statement released to MMAjunkie.com. "From that moment on, I (started) feeling my foot more and more numb and without strength to walk around the Octagon."
Palhares (14-5) added that he suffered the same kind of injury in a fight against Jeremy Horn. That one was to his hand.
The loss dropped Palhares to 7-4 inside the Octagon, while Lombard (32-3-1) picked up his first UFC victory since joining the promotion from Bellator.
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.