According to a report by The Telegraph, Ross Pearson and George Sotiropoulos are the leading candidates to be the coaches for The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes. The show, which will begin later this fall, will feature the United Kingdom vs. Australia.
Pearson is currently scheduled to face Cub Swanson at UFC on FX 4 next month, while Sotiropoulos has been out of action since back-to-back losses against Dennis Siver and Rafael dos Anjos.
Pearson (13-5), who won season nine of TUF, was recently arrested in Las Vegas for DUI. The UFC has stated they will get Pearson help for his troubles.
The 16th season of TUF will be based around the 130-year-old cricket rivalry between the two countries. Tryouts are planned for fighters between 135 and 170 pounds.
- Korean Zombie On Last Night's Big Win: I Made A Statement
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" Coming To FUEL TV
- Fighting Entertainment Group (FEG) Declaring Bankruptcy
- Poirier Vows To "Come Back And Get The W"
- Chael Sonnen's TUE Exemption Request On 5/21 NSAC Docket
- Match Up Alerts: Natal Vs. Craig, Penner Vs. DeBlass
- Video: Chan Sung Jung Vs. Dustin Poirier, Donal Cerrone Vs. Jeremy Stephens Highlights
- Paul Kelly Denies Being Involved In Drug Sting In England
- Video: Chan Sung Jung, Dustin Poirier Battle At "UFC On FUEL TV 3"
- Jason MacDonald Not Retiring Following Loss At "UFC ON FUEL TV 3"
- Erik Perez Vs. John Albert At "TUF: Live Finale"
- Rashad Evans Unsure When He'll Return To The Octagon
- UFC On FUEL TV 3 Gate And Attendance
- Video: UFC On FUEL TV 3 Post-Fight Presser
- UFC On FUEL TV 3 Fight Night Bonuses