Rory MacDonald wouldn't mind making it a clean sweep over the Diaz brothers. MacDonald, who is set to face BJ Penn next Saturday night at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz, recently told MMAWeekly.com that he would be willing to welcome Nick Diaz back to the Octagon.
Diaz is currently suspended until early in 2013, and if MacDonald gets past Penn, the two could be in line for a fight. MacDonald defeated Nate Diaz before Nate decided to move to lightweight. He will meet Benson Henderson for the UFC title the same night as MacDonald-Penn.
"I would fight him. (Diaz is set to return) in February, and I might be ready to fight in like March or something like that," MacDonald said. "He might be my next fight after BJ; you never know how it works."
MacDonald (13-1) topped Nate Diaz in 2011, earning a decision victory. That fight got him back on track after suffering his first - and only - pro defeat to Carlos Condit.
- Phil Davis Knows To Never Count Forrest Griffin Out
- BAMMA 11 Results: UFC Vet Xavier Foupa-Pokam Stuns Jack Marshman
- Video: Dana White Appears On Fox's NFL Pregame Show
- Brendan Schaub Discusses His Relationship With NFL Star Tim Tebow
- Jon Jones Has No Plans To Ever Reconcile With Rashad Evans
- Dan McGuane: Bellator Officials Knew Of My Past Manslaughter Charges
- Josh Thomson Hopes For A Spot On Strikeforce’s Last Card
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.