"I respect (Condit) completely, he's one of the guys I respect most in the sport," said MacDonald, in a recent interview with ESPN. "His outlook and his attitude is great. But I feel like I was embarrassed in that fight. I want to prove to myself and the world that I am the better fighter."
MacDonald (13-1) has went on two defeat Nate Diaz, Mike Pyle and Che Mills since, stopping Pyle and Mills via TKO. He will be welcoming Penn, a former UFC champion, back to the Octagon when they collide in Seattle on December 8.
As for Condit, MacDonald added, "I want revenge. Everyone has their own opinion of the fight, but at the end of the day, I lost and was embarrassed. It is what it is."
- Alistair Overeem-Antonio Silva Official For UFC 156
- Fuel TV To Present "Training Day: The Blackzilians" On Wednesday
- Former WEC Announcer Joe Martinez To Handle UFC On FX 6 Duties
- New Bellator Rule Introduced For Championship Fights
- Two Championships To Be Decided At BAMMA 11
- Luke Rockhold Confirms Hand Injury, Shoots On Lorenz Larkin
- WSOF Pays Pulled Fighter Fabio Mello
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.