MacDonald, who suffered a deep cut in training and was forced out of a planned September meeting with BJ Penn, will now face Penn at UFC on Fox 5 in December.
Penn made a few comments recently that seemed to upset MacDonald, as "The Prodigy" said he felt like MacDonald could have continued training if he was prepared instead of pulling out due to the cut.
"That's just a bunch of (expletive)," said MacDonald on the Tim and Sid show on SportsNet.ca recently. "Not only do I know I'm going to win, but I'll probably end up killing him in the process."
MacDonald said he was told to stay away from contact for six weeks, leaving him just a few days to put the finishing touches on his training for Penn.
- Mark Hominick Knows His Career Is On The Line At UFC 154
- Randy Couture On His Son Following In His Footsteps
- Series Of Interesting Messages From Jason "Mayhem" Miller Posted On Twitter
- XFC 20 Finalized With A Main Event Of Eric Reynolds Vs. Danny Salinas
- Dan Henderson Wants To Leave No Doubt By Winning All Five Rounds Or Knocking Jon Jones Out
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Many Fighters
- Tito Ortiz Says He Created UFC Light Heavyweight Division’s Weight Limit
- Video: Highlights From Ronda Rousey-Sarah Kaufman Title Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.