If you didn’t believe hype behind the young welterweight Rory MacDonald, you might want to reconsider. In the opening fight on the UFC 133 main card, MacDonald took it to the MMA veteran Mike Pyle to improve to 3-1 in the UFC.
MacDonald (12-1) and Pyle (21-8-1) went right at each other to opening the fight and besides a solid takedown from Pyle; MacDonald was in the drives seat. MacDonald took the Xtreme Couture trained Pyle down just three minutes into the bout and displayed some strong ground and pound. The heat was too much for Pyle who turtle up and after eating multiple shots the fight came to an end.
Rory MacDonald now holds wins inside the Octagon against Mike Guyman, Nate Diaz and Mike Pyle. He was also arguably just seconds away from defeating Carlos Condit. At 22 the sky is the limit for Canadian welterweight who currently trains with the biggest Canadian welterweight, Georges St. Pierre.
What’s next for the rising star is uncertain but Joe Silva will have fun figuring that out.
- Welterweights Mike Pyle and Rory MacDonald Added to UFC 133 Fight Card
- UFC 133: Evans vs. Ortiz Results
- UFC 129: Nate Diaz Will Stay at Welterweight to Face Rory MacDonald
- Chad Mendes Not Waiting for Aldo and will Face Rani Yahya at UFC 133
- Spike TV to Telecast Two UFC 129 Preliminary Bouts
Get more great MMA news, recaps and analysis over at MMA Valor.