Fresh off his dominant win over B.J. Penn (16-9-2) at UFC on FOX 5, Rory MacDonald (14-1) looks at the heavyweight title match this weekend and has two predictions. One, that the fight will be longer than the first and there will be a different person walking out of Octagon with the title.
"Cain is one of the most complete UFC guys," said MacDonald to TATAME. "He is a great wrestler and I think he will overthrow Santos and fetch the ground and pound. It will be a completely different fight from the first. Junior is a great boxer, but it will not give him the win."
Junior do Santos (15-1) defeated Cain Velasquez (10-1) for the championship at the first UFC on FOX in roughly 90 seconds. Since then, both men have earned a pair of TKO wins in their last fight at UFC 146. Santos defeated Frank Mir (16-8) and Velasquez defeated Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva (17-4).
The rematch airs at UFC 155 on December 29 out of the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. The heavyweight championship rematch headlines the PPV.
- Daniel Cormier Not Finished With Frank Mir
- Kansas City Chiefs Cheerleader Rachel Wray Joins MMA
- Yoshiyuki Yoshida Hopes For A UFC Return
- Paul Daley Denies Involvement In Bar Brawl, Visa Issues To Blame For Cancelled Fight
- Jon Jones Breaks Top-20 In ESPN's Cross-Sport Power Rankings For 2012
- DREAM - GLORY Supershow Lands U.S. TV Spot
- Video: "Countdown To UFC 155" Complete Episode
- Rematch King Frankie Edgar Weighs In On Cain Velasquez - Junior Dos Santos
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.