Rory MacDonald is a close friend and training partner of UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. When MacDonald steps inside the Octagon in September to face BJ Penn, he knows Penn will be out for revenge.
During a press conference to kick-start the media tour for UFC 152: Benavidez vs. Johnson on Tuesday, MacDonald fired back at Penn. "The Prodigy" did not attend the event, but has said in the past he accepted the bout with MacDonald as a way to show his skills to the Tri-Star Gym where both MacDonald and GSP train.
"He's upset because Georges whooped him but I'm going to hurt (Penn) even worse," MacDonald said.
MacDonald (13-1) has won three straight since a loss to current interim UFC welterweight champion Carlos Condit. He topped Che Mills earlier this year.
Penn, meanwhile, is returning after announcing his retirement last year after a loss to Nick Diaz. The former UFC champion is 16-8-2 in his career, including a 2009 TKO defeat at the hands of St-Pierre.
- Alan Belcher Accepts Vitor Belfort's Challenge
- Michael Bisping Happy To Be Fighting Brian Stann On Neutral Territory
- Rory MacDonald "Excited" To Be Fighting In Canada Again
- Joseph Benavidez Not Amused By Michael Bisping's Comments
- Dominick Cruz Wants To Fight Soon, But Leaving That In Hands Of Professionals
- UFC 152 Receives Welterweights Seth Baczynski, Simeon Thoresen
- Jacob Volkmann-Shane Roller Added To UFC 151
- Chael Sonnen Tries To "Encourage" Urijah Faber
- Rory MacDonald Planning To Hurt BJ Penn
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline