Emotion came over the face of Rony Mariano Bezerra as he entered the Octagon for his Ultimate Fighter: Brazil championship match with Godofredo Pepey Saturday night at UFC 147: Silva vs. Franklin II. And, the emotion carried over until the end, as "Jason" scored a decision victory to earn the crown.
"You can always dream, just wake up and make it happen," Bezerra said. "This is a great honor for me. I am very pleased, very thankful."
Bezerra used his quick striking offense to keep Pepey off balance. Pepey tried to turn the fight into a jiu-jitsu match, but "Jason" would have none of it.
This was the first international season of The Ultimate Fighter. Bezerra earns the six-figure contract with the UFC with the victory, improving to 11-3 in his MMA career.
Pepey suffered his first defeat, falling to 8-1.
- Jose Aldo Vs. Erik Koch Planned For "UFC 153" In Rio
- Maruicio “Shogun” Rua Describes Glover Teixeira Situation In His Own Words
- Showtime GM Says UFC Programming On Their Channel A Possibility
- Rich Franklin Hoping For One Final Title Run In The UFC
- Retirement The Right Call, Says Fedor Emelianenko
- Fired Up Anderson Silva Goes Medieval, Says He'll Break "Criminal" Sonnen's Limbs
- Dana White Critical Of Performances By "TUF: Brazil" Fighters At "UFC 147"
- Wanderlei Silva Will Have To Wait Longer For Rematch With Vitor Belfort
- Date For Junior Dos Santos Vs. Cain Velasquez II Unknown
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline