Ronda Rousey will return to the cage on August 18 to defend her Strikeforce bantamweight title against Sarah Kaufman, according to a report by Ariel Helwani of MMAFighting.com. The card will take place in San Diego, California, with Strikeforce officials expected to make the announcement official in the coming weeks.
Rousey (5-0) captured the title with a submission victory over Miesha Tate earlier this year. Her five career MMA victories have come in just over seven minutes combined.
Kaufman (15-1) defeated Alexis Davis on the same card in which Rousey downed Tate to secure her status as the No. 1 contender in the division. She has won three straight since dropping the title to Marloes Coenen in 2010.
- Ronda Rousey's First Title Defense To Take Place August 18
- Dana White Confirms Anderson Silva Still A Go For Chael Sonnen Fight
- UFC Middleweight Aids Two Victims In Swarm Attack
- BJ Penn Talks Reason For Taking Rory MacDonald Fight
- Jorge Masvidal Vs. Justin Wilcox, Ryan Couture Vs. Joe Duarte Added To July Strikeforce Card
- Jared Papazian Promises To "Come To Fight" Dustin Pague Tomorrow Night
- Gilbert Melendez Content With Strikeforce/Showtime
- Demetrious Johnson “Glad” To Get Rematch With Ian McCall
- Randy Couture No Proponent For TRT