Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker told reporters during the post-fight press conference for Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Cormier Saturday night that Ronda Rousey will likely return to action later this summer, possibily in August.
Rousey (5-0), who defeated Miesha Tate to secure the Strikeforce women's bantamweight title earlier this year, will face Sarah Kaufman (15-1) in her first title defense. Kaufman is an ex-champ.
"I believe she'll be fighting on that card, but it's not official yet," Coker said (thanks to MMAjunkie.com for the quotes).
Rousey has seen her stock go through the roof since defeating Tate, as she has appeared on behalf of Zuffa in lobbying for MMA to become legal in New York, and is expected to appear in ESPN's "The Body Issue" for their magazine this year.
Kaufman topped Alexis Davis the same night Rousey defeated Tate to secure her status as the next contender to the belt.
- Jon Jones Posts Statement Via His Facebook Page
- Video: Episode Two Of "UFC 146 Primetime: Dos Santos Vs. Mir"
- "TUF: Brazil: Recap: Final Quarterfinal Takes Place, Fighters Switch Teams
- Mark Munoz Doesn't Believe Hector Lombard Is Near A Title Shot
- Opening Of UFC GYM BJ Penn Takes Place In Hawaii
- "Countdown To UFC 146" Debuts Wednesday On FUEL TV
- Frank Mir On Dos Santos: “He Goes To The Ground With Me, He’s Dead”
- Eliot Marshall Confirms Retirement From MMA
- 'Strikeforce: Grand Prix Finale' Post-Fight Presser (Video)
- Marquardt-Woodley Vacant Strikeforce Title Fight Official
- Scott Coker Says Feijao Vs. Mousasi Likely For 205lbs Title
- UFC On FUEL TV 4 Official, Tickets On Sale May 24
- Video: 'Saturday! Saturday! Saturday!' UFC 146 Promo
- Manager Confirms Hand Injury For Josh Barnett, Future Uncertain
- Video: Highlights From "Strikeforce: Barnett Vs. Cormier" Main Fights
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.