Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker confirmed during a recent conference call that Ronda Rousey's first title defense will officially come on August 18 from San Diego against Sarah Kaufman. The card will air live on Showtime.
MMA Weekly also reported that a bout between Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza and Derek Brunson will take place that same night in a main card bout. Souza and Brunson were expected to meet earlier this year, but Brunson was unable to be cleared by the Ohio Athletic Commission due to an eye issue.
Rousey will be making her first title defense against Kaufman, an ex-champion. The former Olympian earned her title with a victory over Miesha Tate earlier this year, while Kaufman defeated Alexis Davis to secure her spot as a top contender.
- Video: Trailer For MMA-Centered Film "Here Comes The Boom" Released
- Alistair Overeem Discusses His Suspension On "UFC Tonight"
- Terry Etim Out, Joe Lauzon Awaits New Opponent For "UFC On FOX 4"
- Pre-Fight Trash Talk By Anderson Silva Doesn't Bother Chael Sonnen
- BJ Penn Requests VADA Testing For Fight With Rory MacDonald
- Video: Vitor Belfort Has Pins Removed From Hand After Surgery
- Pat Schilling Released By UFC
- Vitor Belfort Looking Towards A Future At Light Heavyweight
- Dana White Expecting UFC 100-Like Numbers For UFC 148