Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey gave herself a nice vacation after defeating Miesha Tate a few weeks ago. Now, "Rowdy" is preparing to get back in the gym - and not just her normal gym, either.
Rousey told MMAWeekly.com in a recent interview that she is planning to train with Nick and Nate Diaz at Cesar Gracie's gym in Stockton, California next month. Rousey has previously worked with Nick Diaz.
"Yeah, I'm going up there from the 3rd to the 16th (of April) and it's going to be the first time ever since I started doing MMA that I'm going to be training for an actual extended period of time away from my core camp, who I've always been with," Rousey said. "For some reason it's something (training elsewhere) I never did in MMA, so they invited me to come train up there, and they're good at a bunch of things that I need to work on so I'm super excited."
While nothing has been announced, Rousey is expected to take on Sarah Kaufman when she returns to action. She added that she plans to remain in contact with the Diaz brothers, "But I love L.A. (Los Angeles), I'll nevver move away from there."
- Bob Arum Has Doubts About The UFC's Deal With FOX
- WMMA Primer: 14-Year-Old Karo Parisyan Beats Up A Grown Man In Mexico
- Bryan Caraway Vs. Mitch Gagnon Scheduled For UFC 149
- Video: Cruz Makes Fun Of Faber's Frozen Moment On "TUF: Live"
- Cesar Gracie Gives Nick Diaz Update: "I'm Not Letting This Guy Quit"
- Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen Rematch Official For UFC 147 In Brazil
- Video: Frank Mir Not Down For Fight With Fabricio Werdum In Brazil
- "TUF: Live" Winner Justin Lawrence Far From Happy With Performance
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" Results: 16 Fighters Earn Spot In The House
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.