While Ronda Rousey (6-0) has dominated Strikeforce's female division, she hasn't won over former champion Marloes Coenen (20-5).
"[Rousey] is a great grappler," said Coenen on Punch Drunk Gamer. "The way she took out Sarah Kaufman was amazing and so unexpected to me. But she does lack balls. She entered Strikeforce at 145 pounds and when she had to fight Cris Cyborg she dropped to 135 pounds."
Coenen unsuccessfully challenged Santos in 2010 for the championship. She sees Rousey has doing a good job of creating interest for females in MMA, but more importantly her career.
"Let me tell you this, I fought Cyborg and then was asked by Strikeforce to drop to 135 pounds," said Coenen. "Having said all this, career wise it was really smart of her and she deserves a master in PR. She doesn't care how she gets there, as long as she gets there. She's successful at it, looking at the magazine covers like ESPN and changing Dana White's mind."
- Nick Ring Vs. Constantinos Philippou Added To UFC 154
- Jorge Masvidal: Strikeforce Needs More Shows
- Jon Jones Thinks He's Wrongfully Portrayed As The Villain
- Fans Will See A Reborn Chris Leben In UFC Return
- Jon Fitch Thinks Championship Fights Are Given Out To The UFC's Favorites
- UFC 140 Taught Walel Watson A Lesson The Hard Way
- Krzysztof Soszynski-Ednaldo Oliveira Set For UFC On FX: Lombard Vs. Palhares
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline