Strikeforce bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey just doesn't understand why Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino feels entitled to make demands concerning a potential future fight. Justino is currently suspended, and has stated she cannot drop enough weight to face Rousey at bantamweight.
"I just don't understand where her sense of entitlement is coming from," said Rousey, during an interview on MMA Uncensored Live recently.
"She hasn't fought in like two years - and won a fight that's really counted. If this happened to a man - think about this - if this was the men's division, and it was someone who hadn't recorded a win in two years, then had their title stripped from them because they were caught cheating, would you expect them to come back from their suspension and be like, 'I want the biggest title fight out there, with all the considerations that I want. And if not given to me, it's because they're running from me.'"
Justino failed a drug test last year and was suspended for a year and stripped of her title. She is eligible to re-apply for her fight license in December, and Rousey is currently without an opponent, so the potential is there for the two to square off soon.
- Chael Sonnen Says Jon Jones Is "Next"
- Dana White Calls Spike TV The Worst Channel
- Greg Jackson Was Concerned When Vitor Belfort Locked In The Armbar
- Vladimir Matyushenko Rips Matt Hamill - Roger Hollett Fight
- Cub Swanson Awaits José Aldo Rematch
- UFC Not Happy With How Bellator Handles Contracts
- Dana White Says Georges St-Pierre Is The Top UFC PPV Attraction, Talks Silva Vs. GSP
- Brian Stann Surprised By Decision Loss To Michael Bisping
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline