There should be no reason that Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (10-1 NC) cannot cut down to 135 pounds according to Ronda Rousey (6-0), especially if she wants to challenge for the Strikeforce Bantamweight Championship. Rousey has accused Santos of taking steroids throughout her entire MMA career and sees her fighting at a lighter weight as a reasonable option, if she's not taking any illegal drugs.
"She was caught doing steroids, and everyone knew she was doing it for a long time," said Rousey. "And I really don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect that when she's not doing steroids she would lose some weight. I don't really think that's unreasonable to say."
Recently, Santos told MMAJunkie.com that dropping an additional 10 pounds would not benefit her.
"She really disgraced herself and her sport and her country by cheating all those years, and I really don't think the way to deal with it is to reward her with a title shot with all the considerations she wants," said Rousey.
Santos remains suspended until December for her failed drug test.
If Santos doesn't want to make the drop in weight, Rousey feels she can move on.
"I think that it should happen, and I think it's her only option," said Rousey. "I have plenty of other options, so if she doesn't want to do it, then I'll do something else."
- Luke Rockhold Set To Return Sooner Than Expected
- Vitor Belfort "Joyful" To Fight Jon Jones, Blasts Fighters Who Have Become "Divas"
- Dana White Says There's Only One Difference Between Fighting Henderson And Sonnen
- Chael Sonnen Rips "Selfish Brat" Jon Jones For Refusing Fight
- Video: Bellator 73 Highlights Feature Quick Finishes
- Fear The Fighter Steps Up To Help Finance Eddie Yagin
- Joe Lauzon Requested Bout With Gray Maynard
- Cung Le Back Training, Says Foot Remains "Sore"
- Jones' Striking Coach Hints That Chael Sonnen Had Been Training For Weeks
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.