Lorenz Larkin will get his chance to test his skills against a former Strikeforce middleweight champion, as officials have announced Larkin will meet Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza at Strikeforce: Champions. The card takes place in January from Oklahoma City.
Larkin was expected to meet Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold, but issues with Rockhold's wrist will keep him out of action. The bout will be part of the Showtime-televised main card.
Souza (16-3) dropped the title to Rockhold and has been working his way back into title contention since. He has topped Derek Brunson and Bristol Marunde this year.
Larkin (13-0) defeated Robbie Lawler in his 185-pound debut. He began his career at light heavyweight, suffering a loss to Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal. The decision was changed to a no-contest after Lawal failed a post-fight drug test.
- Lavar Johnson Injured, Out Of UFC On Fox 5 Fight With Brendan Schaub
- Bellator 82 Weigh-In Results: Welterweight Finals Made Official
- UFC "Road To The Octagon" Debuts This Sunday
- Ronaldo Souza-Lorenz Larkin Booked For Strikeforce: Champions
- Frank Shamrock: Bas Rutten Put Me On The Map
- Next ONE FC Event Announced
- Heather Clark Ready For The Big Leagues
- Chris Weidman Updates Status Post-Surgery
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.