Lorenz Larkin (13-0-1 NC) might have missed his opportunity twice at the Strikeforce middleweight championship due to injury to champion Luke Rockhold (10-1), but it gave his new opponent a chance to leave an impression. Ronaldo Souza (16-3-1 NC) now takes on Larkin.
"I liked the choice," said Souza to TATAME. "Larkin will be a big challenge for me. I was even more excited for this fight knowing that he would be my opponent."
The two will meet at Strikeforce: Marquardt vs. Saffiedine on January 12. The event takes place from the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, OK. It is believed to be the final Strikeforce card. Due to this, Souza is looking to make an impact with his performance.
"I want to win this fight anyway, but if it is with a submission will have a special taste," said Souza. "I'm ready to fight, and only after that I will think about my future."
- Video: "UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz" Press Conference Set For 3 PM ET/Noon PT
- Gilbert Melendez In Negotiations With UFC
- Early Reports Of Ronda Rousey-Cris Cyborg At UFC 157 Denied By Cyborg
- Michelle Gutierrez Off Bellator 84, Patricia Vidonic Named As Replacement
- Joe Lauzon Volunteers His UFC 155 Fight With Jim Miller For New Co-Main Event
- Ronaldo Souza Grateful For Spot On Strikeforce Card
- Bellator 84 Championship Fight Pulled
- TUF: Smashes Lightweight Final Now Set
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.