Strikeforce officials have confirmed a pair of bouts for the August Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman event. The card takes place August 18 from San Diego and will air on Showtime.
Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza will face Derek Brunson at middleweight, while Tarec Saffiedine takes on Roger Bowling. The main event boasts Ronda Rousey and Sarah Kaufman for Rousey's Strikeforce title.
Souza (15-3) is an ex-Strikeforce middleweight champion. He toppled Bristol Marunde earlier this year after Brunson (9-1) was unable to get cleared to fight.
Brunson has since had eye surgery to correct his vision issue. He lost to Kendall Grove outside of Strikeforce recently.
Saffiedine (12-3) has won three of his four Strikeforce bouts, while Bowling (11-2) is 4-2 inside the Strikeforce cage. The two are both looking to get in the mix for the currently vacant title, which will be filled next month when Nate Marquardt meets Tyron Woodley.
- Randy Couture Offers Up His Insight On Silva Vs. Sonnen 2
- Ivan Menjivar Prepared For Mike Easton At "UFC 148"
- Ovince St. Preux Vs. TJ Cook Set For "Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman"
- Tito Ortiz Plans On Retiring Forrest Griffin At "UFC 148"
- Nick Diaz Not Fully Retired, According To Cesar Gracie
- Sarah Kaufman On Hitting Ronda Rousey: "She's Not Going To Like It"
- UFC Officially Announces Tito Ortiz For Hall Of Fame
- "Korean Zombie" Calls Out Jose Aldo: "I Will End His Reign"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.