Former Strikeforce middleweight champion Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza admits that he is a little out of loop in regards to all the fight changes that have happened over the past 48 hours. However, if the UFC were to have asked Souza to face Alan Belcher at UFC 153: Aldo vs. Koch, the Brazilian was down.
"I would've said yes at the spot. Fighting in Brazil (for the UFC), I would've accepted it," said Souza, in an interview with Tatame.com. "Especially against Alan Belcher; he's a phenom. He's a great fighter, top-five of the division."
Belcher was set to face Vitor Belfort, but Belfort accepted a fight with Jon Jones for the UFC light heavyweight title. Since that announcement, Belcher has said he was likely out of the fight anyway due to a spinal injury.
As for Souza, he is still the rumored next contender to Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold, but said that Strikeforce has yet to say anything about a fight, adding, "I just wanna tell Strikeforce I'm good to go."
- Luke Rockhold Set To Return Sooner Than Expected
- Vitor Belfort "Joyful" To Fight Jon Jones, Blasts Fighters Who Have Become "Divas"
- Dana White Says There's Only One Difference Between Fighting Henderson And Sonnen
- Chael Sonnen Rips "Selfish Brat" Jon Jones For Refusing Fight
- Video: Bellator 73 Highlights Feature Quick Finishes
- Fear The Fighter Steps Up To Help Finance Eddie Yagin
- Joe Lauzon Requested Bout With Gray Maynard
- Cung Le Back Training, Says Foot Remains "Sore"
- Jones' Striking Coach Hints That Chael Sonnen Had Been Training For Weeks
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.