Former Strikeforce middleweight champion Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza had little trouble finishing Derek Brunson Saturday night in the co-main event of Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman. Now, it appears that Souza is all set for the rematch he desires.
Luke Rockhold won the Strikeforce 185-pound title via decision over "Jacare" last year. The final verdict surprised some, Souza included, and the Brazilian has been pushing for a rematch.
"I'd like to see that fight happen," Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said (thanks to MMAjunkie.com for the quote). "I know 'Jacare' would like that fight. Luke's looking for that fight; it'd be an easy fight (to schedule)."
Souza (16-3) won for the second time since losing to Rockhold. He caught Brunson coming in and finished him with a devastating strike.
"I am here to fight," Souza said. "I am the former middleweight champion. I come back for more."
Rockhold (10-1) recently defeated Tim Kennedy to defend his title for a second time.
- Tito Ortiz Launches Sports Management Agency
- Wagner Prado Cleared, Hopes For Quick Rematch With Phil Davis
- Jose Aldo Says He Will "Shut Off" Frankie Edgar If They Meet
- Mark Bocek-Rafael Dos Anjos Set For UFC 154
- Randy Couture Helps The Expendables 2 Bring In Nearly $29 Million
- Liz Carmouche Offers Up Her Services To Face Ronda Rousey
- Joe Lauzon-Gray Maynard Added To Year-End UFC 155 Card
- Former NFL Player Turned MMA Fighter Herschel Walker On The Competition Difference
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.