Ronaldo Jacare (16-3-1 NC) felt that somehow he would end up as part of the UFC's roster in 2013. He just didn't know how it would play out. Now that Strikeforce is expected to hold their final MMA show on the January 12 card, Jacare thinks he will be absorbed into the UFC roster.
"I knew I was going to fight in the UFC next year," said Jacare to TATME. "The purpose of the event is not good for the sport, but it is necessary. The Strikeforce event and had very little athlete."
The final Strikeforce card is scheduled to hold several championship fights. Jacare believes he will be a part of the card.
"They told me I will fight on January 12," said Jacare. "There are many tough guys in Strikeforce, and I think they will put a good guy to fight me."
Jacare joined Strikeforce in 2009 where has gone 6-1 for them. He is a former middleweight champion whose only loss for the company came against current champion Luke Rockhold (10-1) in 2011. Jacare was victories in his last two fights, both coming via submission or stoppage.
- Challenge Placed Against David Batista
- Details Emerge On DREAM-GLORY Event
- Frankie Edgar On Aldo: "I'm Going To Have To Push Him And Test His Mettle"
- Bellator Removes Dan McGuane From Card Due To Manslaughter Arrest
- Fabricio Werdum Excited To Avenge Previous Loss To "Minotauro" Nogueira
- Miesha Tate: Don’t Give Ronda Rousey All The Credit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.