Bellator 75 is close to finalizing its 17th season heavyweight tournament with the addition of Ron Sparks (8-1) vs. Mark Godbeer (8-1) to the quarterfinals.
Sparks is coming off his first loss in 2011 and with the exception of one fight, has ended all of them in round one. Goodbeer won earlier this year following his first loss in 2011 and has finished all his fights within two rounds.
Other confirmed fights in the tournament include, Eric Prindle (7-2) vs. Thiago Santos (10-1) and Brett Rogers (12-4) vs. Ruslan Magomedov (9-1). There remains one empty slot in the tournament.
Bellator Fighting Championships 75 takes place October 5.
- Strikeforce Adds Pair Of Bouts To September Event
- Three New Matches Announced For UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot
- Jay Hieron Had No Second Thoughts About Taking Jake Ellenberger Match At UFC 151
- Tim Sylvia Believes He Would Defeat Daniel Cormier
- Shogun Rua On Brandon Vera Fight: "I Know I Could’ve Been More Prepared"
- Cody McKenzie Already Calls Out Frankie Edgar For His Featherweight Debut
- Ed Soares Says Anderson Silva Has "Never Turned Down A Fight"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.