Roger Gracie (5-1) was one of the few names lucky enough to land a fight on the final Strikeforce card. With his fight against Anthony Smith (17-8) just over a month away, the Brazilian admitted knowing little about his opponent but knows where he doesn't want to be.
"On the floor I think it puts me in danger, but it's unclear because I do not know the strategic plan," said Gracie to TATAME.
In the fight, Gracie will look to start another win streak. He currently sits at 3-1 for the promotion after taking home his first decision win against Keith Jardine (17-11-2) in July. All of his other wins have come via submission. Smith will come in with three wins in a row, all of which he stopped.
"Fight is a fight and I will be prepared to do the best," said Gracie.
It is not known if the middleweights will meet on the preliminary or main card of Strikeforce: Marquardt vs. Saffiedine. The card airs January 12 from the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, OK. It is believed to be the final show the promotion puts together.
- Anderson Silva Targeting Summer Return To The Octagon
- Jon Jones Recovering Well From His Elbow Injury
- Carlos Condit On Rematching Rory MacDonald: "I'm In"
- Mark Hominick Announces His Retirement From MMA
- Bellator Delays Rad Martinez-Shahbulat Shamhalaev Bout Until 2013
- UFC On Fox 5 Official Numbers Release; Event Drew 4.4 Million Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.